Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 59

Nicole has gained some strength back. She was able to stand today and walk a short distance. I know it is difficult for her but I am so proud of her. Mustering the strength she has to continue on. I gain strength from her.

Dr. Morris has decided to do Nicole's surgery on Friday. John and I will be back in Salt Lake that day so I am glad that will be the day. I know I can't be there for everything but surgery is such a big deal to me. I want to be there if at all possible.

Today, John and I were reading in this months Ensign, the article from Jeffery R. Holland. Sarah (my sister-in-law) called and asked if I had read it. I hadn't yet so on our way to the clinic I read to John. He talks about life's difficulties and that no one is immune to trials. I cannot do it justice but it gave strength to both John and I. Actually I felt much peace when I was finished reading it. If you want to know where to get it online let me know. I tried t make a link but it didn't work. Sorry.

I am extremely grateful to all the people who came to our home the last couple of days to get ready for our garage sale. It takes so much time. Thanks you to those also who are coming to man it for us. There is so much to do and so little time that I am here in Wichita. Between clinic and home stuff I have a list as long as my arm.

No comments: