Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 77

It is so amazing all the emotions one goes through when facing tragedy of this magnitude. There are so many highs and lows. Twists, turns and about faces.

One sweet assurance I know is GOD is in charge. Not the doctors, not us and certainly not Nicole. God is the ultimate giver of life. He is also the taker. The life my sweet Nicole has been gifted is not one of the easy way. From her first breath she took she has been struggling. She first day of life was one of wondering and waiting. She was rushed to the NICU with John in tow and me left to pray for her safe return.

She has brought much joy but has been plagued much of her life with health issues, both physically and mentally. She is one to make the best of a situation if at all possible. Don't get me wrong, There have been plenty of times when frustrations were high on all levels and with all family members. But we take our challenge and do the best we can with the knowledge we have.

Nicole was always the dare devil. Climbing trees higher then she had business climbing. Skiing faster then she should have all the while loving the wind whipping in her hair. Feeling free.

During wound care we found out that the homogragh that was laid on Nicole's back and buttocks didn't take. The entire area had to come off. When it came off the area was so wet and oozing. Now what? I don't know. For now that have her on her side with the fan blowing on her trying to dry it our. She will be switched for hours at a time to try and get that area dry. That is about one thing we haven't tried yet.

The dentist also came into today. We thought Nicole had 1 more loose tooth but it is actually 3. On Monday he will be back to take an X-ray to see what he can do. He thinks if it is possible he will wire the loose ones to tight ones and see if they will tighten up. I guess we will see what Monday brings.

Nicole's blood pressure is extremely high and they have started her on some medication to lower it. I look across the room. There is so much paraphernalia there. 11 bags hanging and they just took off 3. I want to go back to the days of only 2 bags. I know that is not possible at this time. I wonder if we will ever get back to that again.

Peace I send to you my sweet Nicole.

No comments: