Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 63

Well it is another RED LETTER DAY! Speech therapy came in today and worked with Nicole's swallowing. She is ready now to start eating. Well eating is such a diverse word. She can have creamsicles. Oh, she is so excited. I wish I was there to see her eyes light up. Nicole's nurse called me on the phone this morning so Nicole could tell me.

She will not be able to get out of bed for a few days now that she has had homographs put on. We are hoping a praying they "take". Take meaning her body we act like it is taking so when the real graphs are laid her body won't reject it. Not a lot of skin left so we don't want any rejecting to be happening.

I am so torn this weekend. I look foreword to John's family reunion for 2 years. It is a wonderful time to get together, renew cousin friendships and just catch up. There are just the right amount of activities for everyone of all ages. And, down time too for visiting. I don't know what we will do if the day ever come when this is not held.

But on the other hand I want to be there for Nicole. She was quite sad last night when I had to tell her the family reunion was this weekend....and she wasn't going. Many, many tears. John and I are taking many pictures so we can share all the activities with her.

I love that John comes from a large family and extended family. I told him a few months ago that I hoped if anything happened to him his family would still let me play with them. He just laughed. Well, I do hope for that.

Many well wishes and prayers offered for Nicole from this extended clan. Love to you all and thank you.

No comments: