Monday, August 24, 2009

Just Thinkin'

Laying in bed tonight I was just thinkin' 'bout all that has happened in the last 2 months. I just thought I would share with you some of those thoughts.
1. I am closer to my niece Tiffany. I am grateful for the relationship we have formed.
2. I see my son everyday. I am grateful he is close. I love to see his smile. I love that he has moved back home to be here if I need him. He has given up his own home which I know is a sacrifice on his part. I know he will be there in short order if I need him. I hope he knows that I will be there for him also. There is nothing better than knowing he is just a phone call away.
3. My relationship with my Heavenly Father has kicked into high gear. I knew I could rely on Him before but He has been my constant. You know the feeling when you kneel to pray and you pour your heart out and when you are done you feel a burden has left you. You feel heard. You feel that no matter what, everything will be okay no matter which way things turn out. That is how I feel each day. Nothing could be sweeter.
4. I never knew how much our ward members in Kansas cared. I am grateful they love Nicole. I am grateful for their prayers on our behalf.
5. I am amazed at the outpouring of love that people have shown us even those that don't even know us.
6. I don't know what I would do without our friends, especially Teresa and Tim, Rachel and Don, Susan and Byron, Jo and Alex, Lisa and Todd, Teri and Dale, Vicki and Zell. The calls, the notes, the emails. Supporting John or myself. Amazing.
7. The love and support the burn unit staff gives to our family is infinite. They are truly gifts sent by God.
8. Our ward in Utah has been there for us too. Many calls and notes. Heartfelt words and encouragement. Waves as I go by on my way to and from the hospital. Our neighbors daughter wrote a sweet note for Nicole and left it on our door step.
9. The caring people at Christian's work. Showing extra love to him and also donating dinner to the burn unit to show appreciation.
10. I don't know what I would do without our staff in Kansas. Deseree and Nancy have held the fort down for us in mine and our absence. If our staff wasn't as great as they are I wouldn't be able to stay in Utah and care for Nicole.
11. My parents who have stayed with Nicole so I could get a break. And other relatives who have visited Nicole and cheered her on.
12. Thanks be to our home teacher in Wichita and his boys. Danny is there for John and his boys are taking care of our yard. With John doing his job and mine it doesn't leave much time for yard work plus trying to sell our home and get things ready to be packed up and moved to our new place in Wichita. He really has his work cut out for him.
13. Of course my loving husband who has cheered me on, been my shoulder to cry on, shared in the joy of the small things and the large ones too. I am grateful that he above all is there for me, Day or Night. He believes in me. What more could I ask for.

Well, like I said, I was just thinkin'. Just want you to know that I am grateful for you. I may not know you but I am grateful that you care about our family or you wouldn't be here right now. I wish I knew all those who are out there. I see where people are coming from but I don't who they are. Well, whoever you are, God bless you and yours.

No comments: