Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 46

She sleeps so peaceful. Her eyes flutter, dreams are close to the surface.

Nicole tries each day to do her best in physical therapy. She puts on a brave face and works through the pain. Walter, her physical therapist is so proud of her today. She can do all her exercises with her right arm by herself. She can lift and do some with her left arm as well.

Nicole was back on full oxygen today. Her levels were in the 70's and nothing was helping. Respiratory even came and gave her an albuteral treatment. After being put on oxygen her stats came up but she is now on it until further notice.

My mom and my sister came to visit Nicole today. They read to her for an hour and then they went home. It is my mom's birthday so they went to celebrate. Happy Birthday, Mom. Thanks for the visit.

I can't wait to see John in a little over a week. It has been 3 weeks since I have seen him. It is lonely at home and at the hospital. I don't like to wake up or go to bed without him. I know he feels the same way. We don't talk about it because it just becomes harder. We dance around the subject. I hope to be dancing with him soon.

No comments: