Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 48

John is coming to visit today. I am so happy. His plane is delayed in Wichita for 3 hours but that is okay. We will still have lots of time together.

Today is going to be my busiest day so far I think. Airport, Hospital, Lunch with John's sibs, Dedicating John's mom's new home, and a Wedding reception.

When I came to the hospital Nicole was just getting ready for wound care. There are days I don't think that very much. I have great respect for the nurses who do that day in and day out. Wound care is a very painful and they are trying to be as gentle as can be. They have great patience. I am the hand holder today. Usually I am the hair washer.

I picked John up at the airport and we went directly to Ruth's Diner for a lunch with his siblings for his birthday. It is such a great day out we sat outside on the deck. Lunch was great. Great food, great company. I also brought 5 little bundt cakes from Nothing bundt cakes in Sandy. 5 different flavors and we all had some of each.

John dedicated Janet's (John's mom) home today. She will be moving in to the home in 2 weeks. It was nice to be there with her and have John be able to do that for her.

Our next stop...the hospital. Boy was Nicole excited to see John. Her eyes were are big a saucers. BIG smile. Even though she knew he was coming is was a surprise anyway. Nicole put her hand on John's shoulder and said, "I have my daddy", then she put her other hand on my shoulder and said, "I have my mommy". Back together again. What a sweet gesture. John was able to "feed" Nicole some ice chips. She loved it.

Next was a wedding reception in Stansbury. For our sweet friend, Ranch Kellie. That is what we call her. We met her many moons ago at the Rockin' R Ranch in Antimony, Ut. Each year she returned to work there. Christian and her stayed close over the years. It was so fun to be there to help them celebrate. There were also many old ranch hands there. So fun to see Colter and Dianna there. Brings back lots of memories.

After driving back to Salt Lake we stopped again to see Nicole but she was so spent from the day that she was just sawing logs. We kissed her and prayed with her. See you tomorrow Sweet Nicole.

No comments: