Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 50

This morning John and I went to church. Since we are in Utah there are no services because the Oquirrh Mountain Temple is being dedicated. Those living in Utah were able to go to a chapel and see the dedication ceremony. Beautiful! Before hand there was a dvd depicting many views of the temple as well as some of the inside areas that patrons could see during the open house. It was so nice to be able to attend that with John. We have had a very eventful weekend. I am so blessed that he was able to come here and share this weekend with me.


After church we went to Texas Roadhouse and met with Angi's parents, Jerry and Vicki, as well and Angi's brother and his wife, Jerry and Sandy, and another sister, Kim. We celebrated John's birthday with Christian and his store. So fun to get John up on the saddle and have Christian be the one to announce his dad's birthday.

Spending the rest of the afternoon with Nicole was so great. I know John was very happy to be able to see her progress. Nicole's upper body is doing pretty good except her left arm still. Some of the graph did not take so the healing is slow in those areas. She may have to have some of her arm re-graphed. Time will tell. Nicole's legs have yet to be graphed but that will happen maybe next week sometime. As soon as a donor site becomes available she will get scheduled.

John gave Nicole and I both a blessing before he had to leave to fly back to Wichita. I love the Power of the Priesthood. I am grateful for the words that were spoken of our behalf. God is ever mindful of us and our situation.

Many tears were shed when John left tonight to fly to Wichita. My only solace....I will be seeing him in 6 days.

No comments: