Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 150

Today, Nicole went to church. We were only going to attempt to go to Sacrament meeting but when that was over she wanted to stay for Sunday School. After Sunday School was over she wanted to stay for Relief Society. WOW!!! Big day for her. I was amazed that she lasted through the block.

Many people made her feel so welcome. I was glad for her. Nicole said she felt like she was in the right place. I hope each week we will be able to continue attending the entire block. I guess we will see. By the time church was over she and I both were pooped. But, no rest for the weary. Nicole had a nap while John and I started to get out our Christmas decorations and tree.

As we are setting things up Nicole woke up to supervise. She did a great job. Lisa stopped by for a visit. We were so glad to see her. It has been a while and it was great to catch up with her. Nicole and her have a special bond. So cute to see them together. Lisa gives great advise, love and care. All things Nicole needs.

Cookies were also delivered to our home this evening. Still warm I might add. Thanks a bunch. They hit the spot as we were finishing up the last touches on our Christmas tree. Cookies and Christmas just go together.

Nicole is not feeling well tonight. She even went to bed early. I hope we didn't take her out to church too early and she caught something. Or maybe it was from last night.

Side note: One of the talks today at church hit me hard. He told a story about praying everyday to like this one person. To have no room in him to not like him. I will pray also for that very thing. I want to have no room to not like people. To be more tolerant. We never know what others are like behind closed doors. Their life may seem perfect to us but in reality they are struggling just like the rest of us. And, I want to be the kind of friend that can see the struggle and find a solution. Or at least can make their day better by smiling, saying hello, taking a meal or praying for them.

No comments: