Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 134

I was so happy to be able to spend an extra hour with Nicole. I arrived on the unit just in time for wound care. It has been several weeks since I have seen how she is healing. I was so excited to see how things are progressing and how much of the wound care she can actually do herself.

Nicole can take of most of the bandages herself and wash about half her body. Extreme pain doesn't cover it. She just gets to business and let everyone know what is needed and when. She is very good at how things need to be done. That is a good thing so when she comes home she will be able to do some of it by herself with assistance.

I can't believe how much stuff it will take to get her showered and re-bandaged and dressed each day. And the time it will take. Today it took one hour. I was thinking they have all the stuff ready and right at their finger tips with a huge area to work in. I hope one day I can do it in a hour.

Nicole's cough is worse. None of the results have come back yet though. I hope they will tomorrow.

After wound care Nicole and I went to the cafeteria. It seems to be our hang out. I was telling her all the things I need to do before she comes home. One of them was a big grocery shopping trip. She smiled at me and said, "I can't wait to go grocery shopping with you." Well, Sweet Nicole, I can't wait to go grocery shopping with you either. I know it is boring not getting out. I wonder when she will be able to get out besides just going to the doctors for check ups and PT.

I thought I was going to hit my list hard today. I accomplished one thing. Mostly because there was an accident on the I-15 that blocked traffic forever. It took me from 3-4:30 to get home and I was not traveling very far. About 100 blocks. It should have only taken me 20 minutes at the most. By the time I got home I was out of the mood to task. I was barely in the mood to cook dinner. I didn't want to cook but I did want to eat. I guess one thing does lead to the other.

I guess sleeping in tomorrow is not an option. I would rather go to bed earlier and get up earlier to accomplish tasks then stay up late and maybe not get to sleep in.

My sister-in-law and I were talking this morning about when Nicole will come home and how that will change our lives. She wondered if I was going to be up to the challenge. Fair question. I told her, "Heavenly Father knows me and knows my strengths and weaknesses. I know He knows I can do it. I guess I just have to have the faith that I can do it." As I was pondering that statement today I kept thinking about my favorite scripture. Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. That says it all. I may not know the outcome of things, I may not know how hard it really is going to be, I may not be able to have the strength each day but I do know that through God all things are possible.

Even this.

No comments: