Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 131

I was thinking this morning about milestones Nicole has made. 66 days ago which is half of the time she has been in the hospital Nicole was having a really bad day. She was also eating nectar thick foods. John's mom had just moved to Salt Lake and the family was helping her unload her truck. Nicole was also given a blessing by her uncle Rich. (which was beautiful)

Man, That day seems so long ago.

Today Nicole is in still a huge amount of pain but she has had days where the pain is not so bad. Nicole is able to eat anything her heart desires. That is a lot better than nectar thick anything. Applesauce and ice cream are great but they are not as good as lasagna, spaghetti, wraps, grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Wound care went well except it was reported the new graph site on Nicole's right leg is not doing as well as expected. I hope it takes. That is her ticket out of the unit. As soon as all skin is adhered and healing nicely she will be able to enter into the next phase of rehab for which she needs to be able have so she can go home. One thing leads to another which leads to another. It is the domino affect.

Tomorrow Christian will see the neurologist. Since the medication is not working well I wonder if the diagnosis is right or if there is more to it that they haven't found yet. With Nicole is good hands my worries are more focused on Christian. I know he worries that I worry but there is no other way around it.

Tomorrow I go back to Utah. I still have many things to do in Kansas. My brain is not focused on the work right now. I have lost my work 3 times on the computer because I have not been paying attention. Not really like me. Too much to do, too little time.

1 comment:

Angi said...

I changed the way you can leave a comment. I hope it works better for those out there that want to comment.