Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 139

I feel like I have been drug through a knot hole backwards. My day started at 5:30 am. That has been mine time to get us for a few weeks now. It usually isn't so be. I let our dog out which she promptly ran away. I don't get it. You would think that she has a nice warm home, food and water why she would even think of leaving the yard. Found her a while later just roaming around down by the church.

Left to go to the unit and on my way dropped off Tres Leches to my parents. YUMMO!! they thought so too. I need to pro-fect it some but I do have to say it was pretty tasty. Traffic was outrageous on Foothill today.

On my way is when I usually pray about the day. That is the time I have and it is quiet and a 40 minute drive lets me get my pondering in. Today was no different. I love to pray and contemplate at the same time. I get my best answers that way. There are no interruptions, not one pulling at me or knocking on my door. Just me, Heavenly Father, my thoughts and the road. I am sure people thing I am strange when I am driving down the road talking to myself (maybe it looks like I am singing to the radio). But they for sure know I am not singing to the radio when I am crying my eyes out. Bawling. Looking frantically for a tissue or anything else that might be clean.

That was the last time I feel like things were going like clockwork.

6am Let Toka out
6:15am find Toka
7am leave for unit and to run a couple of errands.
9am PT
11:15am wound care
12:30pm Lunch - Sushi for Nicole nothing for me.
2pm PT (again)
2:30pm Dentist for Nicole.
3:30pm Making of night splint for left arm
4pm Fitted for a night splint on left arm
4:15pm Review many, many, many procedures.
4:40pm Leave unit
5:15pm get in line for In-N Out
6:45pm Drive away with my Double Double and Pink Lemonade (First food all day)
7:05pm Arrive home safe and sound. Tired, worn out, sleepy and hoping for a uninterrupted sleep tonight.

I don't think I have had as busy a day, mostly in one place, in forever. I have to say though, it is all worth it. So many good things happening. Now if I could catch up on needed sleep. Tonight.

No comments: