Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 104

I finally arrived last night at 10:30. I was blessed that when I arrived in Denver the arrival gate was also the departure gate. How lucky is that considering I only had 10 minutes to get to my next gate. When we boarded again we actually sat on the tarmac for another 45 minutes before they let us push back. I was chomping to get to UT to see how thing are going.

When I arrived at the hospital things were about the same. No news. Until...

Christian had another pass out episode. I was right there. It happened in slow-mo. I am glad I was there but it was scary just the same. I finally climbed into bed at 3am.

It doesn't seem like much is going on in the hospital with Christian. Many doctors in and out. Nurses always checking on stuff. Not a lot of sleeping going on. As the doctor in the night said, "It is always day here." That is an understatement. There is a lot going on behind the scenes.

EEG and MRI today.

I hope there is one doctor today that can shed light on the situation.

I just want it to be figured out. I want just one thing to hold on to. Either they figure it out and it can be fixed or they find nothing and it all goes away never to return again. I don't like being the one who can't fix it. As a parent I feel like I should be able to fix it all. I want to fix it all. Why can't I fix it?

Nicole has had a pretty good day herself. PT is working out her legs more and more. This afternoon she didn't want to go back to PT because her legs were too sore and painful.

Surgery was going to be today or tomorrow but Dr. Saffle thought to give her another couple of days of healing. On one hand I like that idea but on the other hand that will just be more days having to spend in the unit before going home.

Nicole is homesick. I am homesick for her, too. I know it must be hard for her not sleeping in her own bed or wearing her own clothes or showering in her own bathroom. I know when I am away I can't wait to sleep in my own bed.

I think macaroni and cheese may be her favorite food group. She is going to turn into macaroni and cheese. I brought to the hospital several Easy Mac bowls. They are a cinch to use. Just add water and put in the microwave. 2 minutes later, voila, mac n cheese.

No comments: