Thursday, December 17, 2009

DAY 169

Baking day is today. I love baking day. Actually, I love Christmas baking. My friend, Suzie, came from Ogden today to bake with me. When she lived in KS we baked at Christmas time together. She brought her sweet new baby girl with her so cuddles where given liberally.

We made Snicker Doodles, Fudge, Toffee, Pineapple Cookies and Kool-aide Fudge. Last night Christian made pumpkin bread. Our home feels and smells like Christmas. Natalie also stopped by for some needed rest as well as goodies to take home with her. She sure knew a great day to stop by.

Nicole has had a hard day. She had some tests done a few days ago which came back positive for a nasty bacteria. It looks like that is why she had been loosing so much weight, not feeling good and just being sick all around. Her Dr. called in a Rx for her. Hopefully it will kick in soon so she will be on the mend.

I can't believe it is only 8 days until Christmas and only 6 days until I see John.

As the days weeks and months go by it is getting harder to be away from him. Even though we speak a few times in the day it is not the same. When I go to bed I would think it wouldn't be much different because I always went to bed before John did but it is mostly hard because I know I will be waking up alone again. But I know time and distance is but a small thing at this time. It is a blip on the screen of eternity.

Each day he makes me feel as though I am the only one. When we talk on the phone each morning (5:30am in UT) it is a great start to my day. When we talk at night, about how our day went, all the new things going on, he makes sure I know I am the most important thing in the world to him. I hope I make him feel the same way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Christmas treats! The boys consumed the snicker-doodles, Kara wouldn't share the pecans, but I got the cookies with cocounut - YUM!

Thanks again for thinking of us. Hope Nicole responds quickly to the Rx!

Alan

Leesa said...

I'm glad you had a fun time with Suzie! I bet her new baby is adorable. :)
ps - You and John are such an awesome example of a couple strong in love. You're an inspiration for me to keep the romance alive with Jason.

Angi said...

Alan, So glad your family liked the treats we dropped by. We are grateful for your friendship. Have a Merry Christmas.

Angi said...

Leesa, Suzie's baby is so cute. What a doll. She is so good too. Thanks for the kuddo's about John and I. Ya know, it isn't easy all the time but what helps is staying connected and knowing nothing lasts forever. This is but a blip in time. You and Jason are so cute together. Have a Merry Christmas. Send our love to everyone.