Wednesday, December 16, 2009

DAY 168

With so many Christmas activities I find it hard to find a minute to update everyone on the amazing things we are doing and the progress of Nicole.

Fist of all Nicole is making huge strides. She is gaining more and more mobility in her left arm and elbow. I can't believe how much things have changed in the last month. Nicole can mostly dress herself and she can do her entire shower which includes unwrapping herself. Happy was the day when that happened. Not that it is a burden but that is 20 minutes of freed up time.

Today her 2nd vest came in and it was a great fit. She was also fitted for a face pressure garment. The scars on her face are thickening more and more. It is needed to help reduce them and / or keep them from getting bigger.

My list of things that need to get done WAS complete until Nicole came home and add some more to the list. I have been doing my best to get things done for her for Christmas. She is very crafty and this year she wanted to do a crafty thing for her cousins that are her age. Which of course means I have to be involved.

Baking was postponed until tomorrow. I am kind of glad because yesterday a lot was going on. Baking is my favorite day before Christmas. Tomorrow you will see why.

Christmas is in high gear in our home. Spirits are high and LOVE and JOY are being spread. I can't believe it is only 9 days until Christmas. The magic will be gone all too soon.

No comments: