Monday, June 28, 2010

One Scary Sabbath

Yesterday started out to be like any normal Sabbath. John is in town and we are going to church as a family. I love our ward. I look forward to see each person there each week and enjoying their friendships.

John and I are sitting in Sunday school getting ready for it to begin when the 1st councilor in the bishopric came in beckoning us. He took off at a dead run and so did I.

There was Nicole laying in the hall way passed out. Now normally I would just assess her and watch her til she came around but you really can't do that when she is laid out at church. I was calm in trying to arouse her as others around are watching. She finally comes to the party. Well, that was exciting. John helps me get her to her feet and we take her home to sleep it off. Or so I thought.

I am helping her get into her pajamas after we get home when it happens again although this time she starts seizing. She is having cluster seizures. Those are where several happen in a row.

Over the course of the next 7 hours she has about 50 seizures. By 10 PM it seems like they are finally over. We put her to bed in our room so we can hear her better. I am not sleeping very well as I think that any minute she will start seizing. Midnight, 2AM, 3AM, 4AM nothing. I fall asleep around 4AM. 6AM and they start again. This time there are not as many clustering together. By 4PM Nicole has had a total of 71 seizures.

I finally speak to the doctor who has me come in. CT, MRI of course doesn't show anything. But she is admitted for observation as well as an EEG.

Please Heavenly Father, Help the doctors help Nicole.

No comments: