Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day

With Journey over now I can concentrate on John and celebrating Fathers Day. I am so glad we are able to be together today. We attended church with our friends and after barbecued with them too.

Our relationship with Dale and Teri is so easy. I know I have said it before but I am grateful to them for being so loving and giving to us over the years. We have shared good times and bad times together.

We reminisced over how we became friends. Years ago our stake was going to the temple in Dallas. Dale knew John and John invited then to go with us in our van to Dallas. Teri was unhappy that Dale had done that because she didn't know us and was afraid that she would be stuck in a vehicle for all that way with someone she didn't know and she might not like. Well, so much for that. We hit it off right from the start. What a great friend ship we have.

Today being fathers day I want John to know what a great father I know he is. Sometimes he doesn't think he is but I know he is. Right from the start he has been a hands on dad. Changing diapers, feeding, burping, bathing. Every night he would read to the kids. That was his area and time with the kids because he worked long hours and left before the kids ever woke in the morning.

He taught the kids about nature every where we went. Look at this tree, look at the way the river flows, here is this plant or that shrub. Fishing, camping, biking, skiing, hiking are all things John taught the kids to love.

We are obsessed with the full moon. Our children will call us each full moon to make sure we know it is full.

You are my one and only, the love of my life, the most amazing father and husband. You are my rock, you and my life line, you are an example to me. Thanks you for being teh father to our children and an example for them in all you do.

No comments: