Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 200

I can't believe it has been 200 days since July 4th. What an amazing journey. All I can say is GOD is in charge. We can make choices/decisions that send us on a path but that path has a map. We may not have that map but God does. If you listen close the Holy Ghost will whisper you the directions to follow.

Today, Sunday, is not starting out like I wanted it to. I love it when Sundays bring tranquil time. Actually it is quiet here but it was the no sleep that has no agitated. NO sleep brings me headaches, lack of energy, lack of good spirits, and down right orneriness.

We are not going to the U to get Nicole's other splint. When I called this morning, Walter said to just take off the splint we have, prop her up good and wait until tomorrow. Also to wash the area with baby magic to help remove the residue from the splint. Hopefully that will help and I can get a nap this afternoon.

I was hoping to refinish my kitchen table and chairs this week before John comes into town. I am staining the top a dark brown to match my cupboards and painting the legs and chairs black. I have never done this before and have been perusing many websites for tips. Then I realized I only have about 10 more hours of studying to finish up 3 courses I have been taking. That won out. What a monkey off my back that will be.

Nicole was in no position to go to church today so needless to say I needed to stay home, too. I guess I will read the Sunday school lesson and the Relief Society lesson tonight. That will give my week the needed boost it needs. I did get out of bed and put 'dinner' in the oven that I ate at noon, Nicole was asleep and Christian had oatmeal. Who wants oatmeal over roast, roasted potatoes and carrots and a muchroom gravy. I guess he can warm it up for dinner. I am done cooking today.

1 comment:

Walking in a Hayes said...

His Sister Carlston! Sorry it has taken me FOREVER to respond to your comment. I am terrible at getting on my blog and checking/updating it. Anyways, here is the recipe. I make it by memory so it may have morphed slightly from the original, so forgive me if that is the case.

12 to 14 C. freshly ground wheat flour (you could probably use reg. flour as well)
5 C. steaming hot water
1 cup measuring cup filled as follows:
3/8 C Canola Oil
1/8 C Lecithin
1/2 C Honey
1 Tbsp. Salt
2 1/2 Tbsp Yeast
1/8 tsp. Ascorbic Acid (optional)

Place hot water, salt, 7 C. flour, oil/honey/lecithin mixture, and ascorbic acid in mixer, mix for approx 1 min, just until blended. Then add yeast and 2 C flour, mix 5 min. Add 2 C. flour, mix 5 min. At this point keep the mixer going and add enough more flour so that the dough pulls away from the edges. Normally this is about another cup or two. Divide dough into fourths and roll into loaves. I have used this same recipe for cinn. rolls, and cinn. bread and that works great too. Let rise for 30 to 45 min, depending on how fluffy you want it and then bake for 23 to 25 min at 350. I used to bake it for 25 min, but in my new oven 23 min is perfect, so that is why I changed that. And if you let your bread rise for just 30 min we find that it makes better sandwiches because the bread is a little denser. So yeah, there it is. Sorry again that it took so long to get to you!