Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 196

Replay of Monday

When Nicole got out of surgery the doctor came in to tell me how things went. At that time he informed me that she was still on restricted visits. WHAT?! Are you kidding? But he assured me I could have 4-5 hours instead of 2. I could be okay with that.

When I went into Nicole room after our talk the nurse said I could only have 2 hours and I told her what the doctor said. She will find out, she said. When I left she still didn't know the answer but was going to call me later.

Instead of calling me she told Nicole and told her to call me and tell me only 2 hours. What a coward. Nicole was all upset, as she should have been. Well, the momma bear in me reared. I immediatly called to the unit to talk with the doctor which they informed me was gone. I left a message. The message....

If he wasn't going to hold to his word then they could get her ready to go home first thing in the morning. I was taking her home.

Tuesday morning

Nicole's nurse called and told me she was being released. Good. I am NOT going to play their little game. I know it sound hard BUT this i s no time to be restricting hours. She is doing exceptionally well, the doctor even said so. SO, here I am up early for wound care and all the other things life entails for our family.

DON"T MESS WITH THE MOMMA BEAR!!

3 comments:

Leesa said...

Good for you Angi! You tell them.

Valerie said...

Wow, that just sounds so ridiculous!
Good for you for sticking to your guns!

Nikki said...

Good Job Angi! So proud of you!