Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 232

This trip to Denver we did differently. Usually I fly to Denver on Friday night and John comes to Denver and picks me up although I have been in the airport for hours sometimes because of weather or john leaving late from Wichita.

This time I flew to DIA on Saturday morning getting in about 9:30am. John was there waiting for me. I like this arrangement better. He did too. He actually packed the van and then slept for a few hours before getting on his way. He felt not as rushed and not as tired. I also was able to get a good nights rest before driving back to Salt Lake City.

It is always so good to see John and reconnect. I say reconnect but it is more like just feeling his presence. Being able to look over and see him looking back at me. Smiling with his twinkly eyes, dancing with the joy of seeing me as well.

The weather in Colorado did not cooperate with us again. We had tons of snow and about 45 minutes outside of Denver our ABS light went on. We stopped in Silverthorne to see about getting fixed but the only dealer said it wouldn't get done that day but thought it would be OK that we would get to Salt Lake OK. SO on our way we went.

Not to far down the road the roads we very slick and icy. Guess what? When you don't have ABS you also don't have traction control. What a scary experience. I didn't realize how much we rely on traction control. I guess we have driven with it for so long that we just don't give it a second thought.

We just prayed and drove a lot more slowly. We made it OK. I guess you can tell that from this post. In the shop you go little van. You will be better soon.

No comments: