Thursday, July 29, 2010

Time with Dawn

Dawn and I have had many adventures this week.

Monday we went to Hogle Zoo. We love going to the zoo. As far as zoos go Hogle zoo is a pretty good one although together we have been to some great zoos. Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle, Greater Vancouver Zoo in Vancouver, British Columbia, Sedgwick County Zoo in Wichita, KS. I am sure there are more I just can't think of them right now.

With the myriad of things that need to happen in our home in the morning with Nicole it is hard to get out the door much before 10. Unfortunately it is already hot at that time. This has been one hot week. We melted every place we went.

Tuesday we ventured to Thanksgiving Point Gardens. They are beautiful. They have many varieties of flowers and plants I have never seen. We spoke to one of the gardeners who helped us with the names of several varieties which I wrote down and hope to have in my garden one day.

Wednesday in the evening all my sisters: Kim, Dawn, Dana, my parents and my self went to dinner at Olive Garden. I don't think we have all been to dinner together in years. It was nice to be together. After we went to my parents home for more visiting. My mom gave me my baby necklace that I wore as a baby and small child. I put it on right them. I love it.

I had so much fun this week with my sissy. We love spending time together. I am grateful for the love she shows me. I am grateful for the example she is to me of loving kindness. She is a person I can turn too. I can tell her anything without feeling judged or being belittled. I love her for who she is and her example to me.

No comments: