Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Idaho, Again

Here we are in Idaho one more time to not only make sure my uncle is getting the right care but also to bring many of his belongings back to him. Last year we came here to get his most treasured belongings. He had been in a nursing care facility for many months and his home had been unoccupied. We didn't want vandals to come in and take things (that already happened with the in home care company that was coming). Now we are bringing back the things he needs most.

First we unload everything and do some cleaning to make sure all is well at the home. Lunch arrives (Meals on Wheels) while we are there so we can keep working. Just one more thing we don't have to do. Then it is off the state agencies to check on their progress. I hope we will find good things in the works.

As with anything in government it is a slow process. Yes, somethings are in place but others were kind of forgotten. I am glad we are here today to remind them what he needs and what they are supposed to provide. I guess we will be back again for another inspection.

This has been a good learning experience for my mom and Nicole. The many, many things that needs to be done and said to get through all the hoops the government makes everyone jump through. Maybe I should write a book on the ins and outs of RED TAPE.

I am grateful for the chance to help my uncle. He may not be grateful to us but I know in the long run it will not only help him but give my mom peace of mind that she is 4 hrs away and can not just run there if something happens. There are now measures put in place to help him and make sure he has food, a clean environment and health care.

No comments: