Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thinking...Thinking...Thinking

Over the course of a week I have been thinking about life, love and the pursuit of happiness. Cliche - ish I know.

With so many things going on with our family sometimes I don't feel like I get enough me time. You know that time. The time when you wonder about life, ponder your dreams, read a book that had nothing to do with anything but take you away on a fantasy trip to a land some days you wish you could get to. I am not sure how I fit it all this in when I was working full time.

This weeks pondering....am I doing enough. Not just enough for my family but enough for me, enough for God, enough for my neighbor. How do we gage that?

My first ponder was keeping the commandments. Am I keeping them to my best ability? Wait a minute...what are the commandments? Besides the big 10, what have we been commanded to do? Pay our tithing, journal, follow the Word of Wisdom and serve others.

In talking with my sister-in-law, Anne, she recommended this scripture:

2 Ne 9: 25-29
"Wherefore he has given a law (or His gospel); and where there is no law given there is no punishment; and where there is no punishment there is no condemnation and the mercies of the Holy One of Israel have claim upon them because of the atonement; for they are delivered by the power of him. For the atonement satisfieth the demands of his justice upon all those who have not the law given to them....But wo unto him that has the law given (or knows the gospel and the commandments) yea, that has all the commandments of God, like unto us, and that transgresseth them, and that wasteth the days of his probation for awful is his state!

So, if we are concentrating on keeping the 2 Great commandments (Love the Lord, Love your fellowman) and wanting to put the Lord first in our lives that pretty much every commandment falls under those.

My thoughts now.....If I keep my eye on God and my neighbor (which not only includes those living in my neighborhood but my family, and those I come in contact with) I will be able to accomplish all I want to. And all I want is living my life to be able to attain Celestial life.

No comments: