Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Johnny - My Bestest Friend



It has been 287 days that John and I have been separated by the miles that lay between Lehi, UT and Wichita, KS. 1052 to be exact. Well, not completely separated but mostly. We talk nightly and sometimes in the day. It is not the same as seeing each other each day or working side by side each day but for now that is what we have.

Do you know what an amazing guy he is? I hope I am not the only one who knows it. Just to mention a few.....

1. He is generous.
2. He is kind.
3. He loves Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ.
4. His brain is like a a room full of filing cabinets. AND he knows just what filing cabinet to look in to find just the right file to fix just the right problem.
5. He loves me.
6. He loves our children.
7. His love for his patients is like no other.
8. Sometimes he is tongue tied and his brain doesn't think as fast as he would like it to but when his brain catches up to his tongue it is amazing.
9. His love for his family, immediate and extended is like none other.
10. He loves the outdoors.

So many times I walk in the bedroom to talk to him or call out to him thinking he is going to answer me. I have so many things I want to share at that moment. And then I have to realize it will have to wait. A few more hours until the phone rings signaling he is finished for the day with patients he is lovingly and carefully taking care of. And then, it is my turn, to feel of his love for me, to hear his voice, to know I am loved and missed as much as he is.

We miss him from here and are so grateful he is able to come to Utah each month to see us. And, grateful that Nicole and I are able to go each month for a few days and spend that time with him in Kansas.

Each day we pray for him, for safety, health, guidance, and God's continued care. We have been truly blessed with the loving hand of God to watch over each of us while we are apart.

We have seen the guiding force. We have been the recipient of many blessings. We are healthy. We, as we travel back and forth each month, are safe as well as being safe in our day to day lives. We, together, not only as husband and wife but as a family, though we are separated by over a thousand miles, are strong. God bless you Johnny.

WE 2 ARE 1

No comments: