Monday, May 24, 2010

Our daughter from across the sea.


Elisabeth, Liz for short. John gave her that name when she first came to America, August 2002. She had been called Betty or Ellie but never Liz. She took to it quickly.

Today May 23rd, Liz came to visit for 3 weeks! We haven't seen her for 5 years although we email regularly and IM too. of course we talk on the phone as often as possible.

I can't wait to start of little adventure with her. We have many things planned but mostly just visiting, hanging out and spending quality time with her is the #1 priority.

Nicole made a sign of welcome and off to the airport we went. John was coming from his mom's house and Nicole and I from ours. He beat us there. Good thing. She came in 15 minutes early. It was so good to see her. I didn't realize how much I missed her until I saw her again.

When we arrived at home it was midnight but that didn't stop us from visiting right away. Liz also brought us gifts from Germany. To Nicole she brought Bebe products. They are wonderful smelling lotions and sprays. T Christian and CD of a band she likes and to John and I....First I opened a spring form pan with a measuring cup that measures in metric. I was so excited because I knew I could make this wonderful cake Liz' mom makes. Oh my gosh it is so good. John opened a book Liz made with pictures in it covering what she has done the last 5 years. We loved seeing all the wonderful things she has been doing with her friends and her family. How was miss her family.

She was and is a big part of our family. We loved her as our own. She is a great blessing in our lives. We can't imagine our lives without her now. We love you Liz.

No comments: