Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nicole's Torso Reconstruction

I can't believe it has been so long since I have updated our blog. I have a lot of catching up to do. Even though this is being typed up Feb 28, 2011 I am back dating this as well a few more so they look like they have been done on the date in chronological order.

Today, Nicole is having her torso reconstructed. This particular surgery has been a long time coming. The burn doctors did a great job when they were doing her graphs on her torso but it left her very misshapen-ed. So now is the time to fix this area and give her more shape.

We choose Dr. Cori Agarwal. She is a wonderful plastic surgeon. We had many talks about what was going to be done, how things would look different and what the end results were going to be. (She is also the doctor that will do the reconstructing of her leg.)

The surgery went extremely well. Nicole will stay in the hospital a few days and then she will be home. So far, what I know of how this went, it looks as though this was a huge success. I guess we will see in a few days when the bandages come off.

No comments: