Friday, June 26, 2015

Getting back to it

I cannot believe it has been two and a half years since my last blog post. Life is crazy for all of us. Some lives are crazier than others. Many days I think my life is the craziest. Living between 2 states, being a 24/7 caregiver of an adult child, working part time, wife, mother, gardener, chauffeur, nurse, housekeeper, book keeper, keeper of the schedule, volunteer, long haul driver, God's servant. Yup, that pretty much sums it up. Any free time I have you may catch me planning and training to walk Camino de Santiago or curled up listening to a novel. I would say reading a great novel but my eyesight isn't what it used to be. It is much easier to just listen to a great novel than muddle through the reading of it.

I bet you are thinking...walk Camino de Santiago? What the heck! Yes, it has been a long since dream of mine to walk this trail in Spain. Over 500 miles of walking for no other reason than to do it.

Oh, maybe there are a few reasons.

1. Alone, quiet time
2. Mind clearing
3. Can I walk 500 miles? I don't know, we"ll see.
4. Somewhere deep inside me is me. Some days I am not sure where me is anymore. I hope I find her on the trail.
5. I have strength but I know there is an inner strength that is there. I need it to come out.
6. No one knows what can be accomplished until put to the test.
7. Testing...1...2...3...
8. Beautiful scenery
9. Faith promoting. Faith promoting? you say. I say YES! FAITH PROMOTING!!!

I guess that wraps up my short list of reasons.

If you could do something, anything, what would it be? Maybe skydive or river raft down the Amazon. Maybe drive cross country or scuba dive. Maybe just have an uninterrupted nap or even an ice cream cone you could call your own. We all want, need and even crave something to savor. A memory to pull from the deepest part of our mind when things are tough, sad, mind boggling and that one thing is what we can hold onto that NO ONE can take away.

No comments: